FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGIES: We envision a community where a cycle for financial success exists, allowing individuals and families access to build long-term economic independence.
Financial Sustainability – Increase awareness and access in the following areas:
In programs that support housing efforts that expand availability, affordability, and security of housing In healthy and sustainable food options
In quality affordable childcare
In job readiness and financial support services
- Strategy – Collaborate with strategic partners through resource allocation, volunteerism, and sharing of data, information, and best practices.
- Strategy – Manage volunteer opportunities for our corporate partners to encourage year-round engagement and a connection to our work.
- Internal Capacity Strategies: We envision and believe that we bring diverse individuals together that allows us to address the issues collectively and more effectively facing our communities.
Continue education training for staff and Board of Directors
Prepare the organization for a turnover in staff
- Secession plan for Executive Director
FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY ACTION STEPS – Increase awareness and access in the following areas:
In programs that support housing efforts that expand availability, affordability, and security of housing:
Partner with Peru City Housing Authority (HUD) to increase the number of
affordable and secure housing.
- Incentivize existing HUD landlords to invest in their properties.
Partner with city government officials to adopt a bed bug policy to help families live in a safe and healthy living environment.
In healthy and sustainable food options
Partner with Purdue Extension to teach healthy eating and budgeting classes and provide recipes for our mobile food drives.
Partner with Food Finders Food Bank to provide recipes for our backpack program.
Partner with Food Finders Food Bank to bring nutritious food to our Food Mobile drives.
In job readiness and financial support services
Partner with all three local school corporations to track the number of students on track to graduate with a career or technical degree.
Partner with career centers to promote technical classes available for adults.
Partner with Ivy Tech to provide technical job readiness certification courses.
Partner with WorkOne to provide resume-building opportunities and job readiness courses.
INTERNAL CAPACITY – Increase awareness and access in the following areas:
In support of the Board of Directors and staff
Continue education training available for the Board of Directors and staff.
- Conferences, roundtables, and seminars at local, state, and nationally provided by Indiana Association United Ways or United Way Worldwide.
Prepare for a turnover in staff.
- Secession plan in place for Executive Director.
Bonding people and resources together to build a stronger and healthier community.
To serve as a catalyst for improving the quality of life in Miami County.
OUR STRATEGY NARRATIVE
United Way is a community of donors, advocates, volunteers, and partners who fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We will win this fight by creating opportunities and a platform for the next generation to make a personal impact on their lives. To do this, United Way will provide world-class experiences for individuals to get involved in and support causes that are engaging, meaningful, and transformational. We will empower individuals to take action, invite others to join their fight, and scale their impact.
To be responsible, honest, and transparent in the community we serve.
To step forward to unite, inform, and provide opportunities for community service.
To best serve our community, we will operate in a manner that is consistent with our values of honesty, diversity, public service, and respect for the individual.
- Inspire trust in our organization by adhering to the highest professional standards of accountability and stewardship.
- Serve as leaders in our community and our profession.
- Be committed to sustained improvements in the local quality of life.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in Miami County.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Integrity • Inclusiveness • Impact • Collaboration • Compassion
- We are committed to achieving systemic social change within our county.
- We are committed to achieving success through collaboration in intentional partnerships.
- We are committed to demonstrating success through fact-based measurement.
OUR DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our communities. Diversity and inclusion are the heart of what it means to LIVE UNITED. For more information, visit United Way Worldwide.
OUR ELEVATOR SPEECH
We create better opportunities for all people by helping to build healthier communities in Miami County.