United Way of Miami County is always looking to align people with nonprofit organizations and volunteer experiences that are important to them. We work diligently to ensure that your experience is impactful and well-organized.
INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
Disaster Response Volunteer: Following a disaster, volunteers may be called upon to effectively engage and manage unaffiliated volunteers in relief and mitigation efforts. Sign up to be on our list of reserve volunteers.
Sign up to help distribute food at a mobile food drive once a month. Sign Up for your corporation or organization once a month to distribute Weekend Meal Buddy Bags to buddy bags.
Find out how you can get involved at uwmiamip.org to volunteer.
CORPORATE GROUPS/ORGANIZATIONS' VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
1. Request a customized volunteer opportunity by calling the United Way office for volunteer opportunities.
2. The United Way team will work with partner agencies to find a volunteer project that meets your needs.
3. After your team has selected an activity and confirmed participation, United Way will facilitate your project and accompany your team to ensure you have a positive experience.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
United Way of Miami County and the agencies it serves are always in need of volunteers to help support our mission and priorities. We work diligently to ensure your experience is impactful, meaningful, and well-organized. To help us provide your team with the utmost care, we ask that you please adhere to our policies and procedures, which are as follows:
1. Submit your online volunteer opportunity request a minimum of 4-6 weeks before your desired project date. Please allow at least eight weeks of planning for multiple projects or activities spanning a series of dates.
2. Assign a company team leader to communicate with employees about the event or activity, including volunteer assignments, project or activity details, appropriate attire, directions, and parking.
3. Everyone participating in a customized group volunteer activity through United Way must complete the Liability Waiver & Photo Release form, which will be provided upon confirmation of project participation.
HOST A BACK-TO-SCHOOL DONATION DRIVE
COLLECTING SCHOOL SUPPLIES, BOOKS, AND MORE.
STOCK AND ORGANIZE A FOOD PANTRY.
For more information, please contact our volunteerism team at 765-473-4240.