United Way of Miami County's Mission
To bond people and resources together to build a more robust and healthier community.
- 95% of Miami Co. third-graders reading at or above the level
- 85% or more children will be kindergarten ready
- 96% of Miami Co. high schoolers graduating in 4 years,
- with 75% college/career-ready
- Financially empowering 9,870 people
- Decrease risk factors associated with substance misuse and overdose by 25%
United Way World Wide's Goals
- 73% of youth served by United Way gained jobs, further education, or credentials
- 2.3 M youth get academic enrichment outside school because of United Way
- 81% of children & adults served by United Way ate healthier or increased physical activity
- 1.5 M people volunteer through United Way
- 6.8M people invest in their communities through United Way
- 45K companies partner with United Way to make change
These goals are ambitious, but we can achieve them with your help and by utilizing our core strengths — a national network, committed partners, and public engagement capacity.