EDUCATION STRATEGIES: We envision a community that supports and enables all students to reach age-appropriate education milestones leading to graduation and careers.
Education – Increase awareness and access in the following areas:
In parenting best practices and tools in early childhood, social, emotional, and educational opportunities
- In availability to financial, skill, and job readiness training
EDUCATION ACTION STEPS – Increase awareness and access in the following areas:
In parenting best practices and tools for early childhood social, emotional and educational opportunities.
Partner with Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Children – Birth to five years old receive monthly books.
Partner with Community of Character
- Provide monthly character trait calendars.
- Provide scholarships to seniors.
In availability to financial, skill, and job readiness training.
Partner with all three local school corporations to track the number of students on track to graduate with a career or technical degree.
Partner with career centers to promote technical classes available for adults.
Partner with Ivy Tech to provide technical job readiness certification courses.
Partner with WorkOne to provide resume-building opportunities and job readiness courses.
EDUCATION BOLD GOAL – Too many of our children live in poverty, go hungry, and fall behind in school. Our youth find too few opportunities. Too many of our neighbors lose loved ones to addiction. And too many families struggle to find a way forward financially. That’s why United Way has reinvented itself. We are taking on our community’s most challenging problems with innovative strategies and an ambitious vision of our shared future.
BOLD GOAL #1
- 95% of Miami County third-graders reading at or above grade level
- 85% or more children will be kindergarten-ready
Bonding people and resources together to build a stronger and healthier community.
To serve as a catalyst for improving the quality of life in Miami County.
OUR STRATEGY NARRATIVE
- Inspire trust in our organization by adhering to the highest professional standards of accountability and stewardship.
- Serve as leaders in our community and our profession.
- Be committed to sustained improvements in the local quality of life.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in Miami County.
- Integrity • Inclusiveness • Impact • Collaboration • Compassion
- Committed to achieve systemic social change within our county.
- Committed to achieving success through collaboration in intentional partnerships.
- Committed to demonstrating success through factbased measurement.