Our Mission, Vision, Goals
Our Mission: What we see to achieve
United Way provides direction and accountability to promote education, income, and financial independence.
Our Vision: Why we exist
To enhance the lives of all Miami County citizens.
Advancing the Common Good
United Way of Miami County and our community partners are working to develop long-term solutions in education, financial stability, and health, as well as supporting safety net services. These are the building blocks for a good life -- a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health for a more productive life.
Our Goals are Bold
- Helping youth and adults achieve their potential in academics, work, and life
- To help promote financial stability and independence among Helping families become financially stable and independent among individuals and families.
- Helping people lead healthy and productive lives
Ethical conduct, integrity, and dedication to service are vital to the way United Way of Miami County works. Our code of conduct provides a strong and disciplined set of standards and guidelines to help us all do the right thing.
- 85% of children prepared for kindergarten
- 95% of youth will graduate from high school
- 30% of adults will have a post-secondary degree or certificate
- 50% Reduction in the number of low-income families who are financially dependent
- over the next five years
- 95% of the workforce will be employed
- The United Way's goal is to meet the healthcare needs of the most vulnerable residents
- 25% more residents will adopt a healthier lifestyle
- 95% of the community affiliated a primary provider