United Way sponsoring free workshops twice a week
Staff Reports, Peru Tribune
A series of basic financial education classes will begin in November, sponsored by Financial Stability Partnership, a project of the United Way.
Classes will be held at Miami County Helping Hands 176 N. Broadway, Peru. There is no cost to attend and materials and resources are provided.
· Topics to be discussed in the sessions include:
· The Basis of Credit and Debit
· Developing a savings accountant
· Skills to strengthen your family relationships such as communications, goal settings, and decision-making
· Understanding your money – habitude
· Importance of furthering your education for employment opportunities
· Stress Management
Class dates are Tuesday and Wednesday – November 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23. The class will meet from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Refreshments and water will be provided by United Way of Miami County.
Register for the Money Management series at the United Way office or by calling 765-473-4240.